Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Mentoring Program Nita M. Lowey Pennsylvania 21st Century Community Learning Center summer program is designed to work mainly one-on-one with students and to provide academic enrichment and character building. The offerings Science, Math, English Communication, Watershed, Art Infusion, Robotics, Community Speakers, Watershed Experiences, Exercise and Nutrition, Gardening and Writing Projects. Students are able to spend time working on academics and other challenges unique to them; they must ride District-approved transportation to the program and home unless picked up by the parent. As part of the Meadville Area Middle School, the program will adhere to the Crawford Central School District COVID-19 Guidelines. The program is coordinated by Dr. Armendia P. Dixon, the director and Mr. Scott Lynch, the principal.
- The primary goals of the program are:
- To assist the student in mastering next year’s course work
- To provide enrichment classes in math, science and English
- To recognize the student’s academic achievement by providing him/her with learning strategies for being successful
- To sharpen the student’s skills in such a way as to ensure his/her academic success
- To provide character and community-building activities that promote positive social interactions
- To provide incentives for the student to reach his/her academic goals
- To maintain a connection with teachers and keep them informed about the progress of the students enrolled in the program
- The structure of the program is:
- The program will run weekly, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 7:30am – 2:00pm from June 21- July 22.
- Applications for summer school are due in the office on or before Friday, June 11, 2021. Applications will be considered in the order received.
- The program will accommodate 22 seventh graders and 22 eighth graders.
- Students must obey all school rules both in school and during activities outside the school. Parents are always welcome to attend.
Click HERE to submit the application